Tuesday, September 6, 2011

scary little blood-sucker

I wasn't feeling nicely yesterday morning so I decided not to take a bath but I proceeded to go to work. I got stuffy nose, minor cough and slight body pain. Well, I wasn't really worried that morning cos I haven't had a fever but when I got home yesterday afternoon, my body temperature started to go up.
Do I need to worry? Well, YES of course! Because this fever may not just be a simple fever but a dengue fever (oh jeez!!! that's not good!). There were so many Dengue outbreak annouced in different Philippine regions, not including our city, but I was STILL worried because I know I've been bitten by a mosquito several times (so it can be possible).
That evening, I was still sick (really sick). I can't even carry Janine for long minutes because my body was really painful and it's so d@mn cold and I was also having some slight stomach pain (so it's quite alarming isn't it?).

Here's a slight info about Dengue Fever:
Dengue fever is a (life-threatening) contagious disease caused by a virus carried by a bite from a mosquito - a striped Aedes aegypti mosquito that has previously bitten an infected person.  Most of the victims are children but there are also many cases of dengue fever among adults. Its symptoms are the typical high fever from 2 to 7 days, vomiting, bleeding, and rashes in different parts of the body. It can even lead to a severe illness and even to death if it is not treated right away.



Hoping to feel fine later today!!!

No comments: