Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bathing time

When the clock strikes at 5:00 am, that’s the time when Janine takes her bath. Why so early? Because I go to work at 6:00 a.m. and my mom can’t do the bathing alone. Janine doesn’t really like being bathe, that’s why she typically whimpers every time she takes her bath time.

During the day when she was born up to the time she reached her 1st month, I was using Lactacyd blue [said the midwives]. I mixed a small amount [1 teaspoon] of Lactacyd into a ¾ cup of lukewarm water. When she reached her 1st month and up to now, I used J&J top to toe wash and and just like the Lactacyd, I don’t directly apply it on her skin. I still mixed it with water before applying it because baby skins are so delicate and needs proper care. I don’t even use baby powder after her bath because it may cause some skin irritations and prickly heat. What I only do is bathe her every day [except when she has a fever] because an everyday bath is enough to make your baby feeling fresh and clean.






No comments: